The Trading Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a photo to your post

2 posters

Go down

Adding a photo to your post Empty This site's photo hosting

Post  Admin September 26th 2008, 10:31 am

I have had some trouble with getting the URL to paste on this site- it would continue pasting the previous photo's URL's that I had posted. So I simply pasted the URL onto a sticky note or word document, checked that it was correct, then pasted it successfully into the insert image box.

This also worked for me.

Admin
Admin

https://thetradingpost.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Adding a photo to your post Empty Photo Hosting

Post  Admin September 26th 2008, 10:30 am

You can use any photo hosting website. Shutterfly, dropshots, dotphoto, kodak - they are all good ones. Then you can just create a link like this by using the Insert URL button above (insert the web address of your photo):

Cute baby!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adding a photo to your post Empty Serious problems with servimg.com

Post  willpratney September 26th 2008, 2:27 am

I've been trying to upload 800 x JPGs to servimg.com. I've only been successful with the same pic twice. After that, it hasn't allowed me to upload anything more, nor can I even upload the same pic a third time. I think servimg.com has some serious problems. No contact button or even a help FAQ shows serious design flaws and makes it impossible to even find out why a particular image can be uploaded. When it says it can't, it doesn't say why. Perhaps there's another image server you can recommend?

willpratney

Back to top Go down

Adding a photo to your post Empty Adding a photo to your post

Post  Admin September 24th 2008, 10:15 am

Adding a photo to your post will increase the likelihood that others will be interested in a trade.

To add a photo, you can upload it to you own photo hosting site, or click the 15th button from the right on the message editor (which appears when you are posting a message) that says "Host an image" when you roll the mouse over it.

Select which photo you will upload. After uploading, a box of URLs will be displayed.

To add the photo right into your post, click "Copy" next to the URL labeled "Image".
Next click "insert image" (16th button from the right) and paste the URL into that box.
(The "Host an Image" box will disappear when you click on "Insert Image" or "Insert URL" buttons).

Preview your message to see that it is correct. I have had some trouble with getting the URL to paste - it would continue pasting the previous photo's URL's that I had posted. So I simply pasted the URL onto a sticky note or word document, checked that it was correct, then pasted it successfully into the insert image box.

To add a link to a photo
on your post (Click here for photo...) Follow directions for "Host an image" above (15th button above), or use your own photo hosting site. Copy URL titled "Image URL". Click "Insert URL" button (17th button), paste URL into box. Type in the words you would like displayed where viewers will click to see your photo. "Click here for photo" often works well.

Happy photo posting!
[img]Adding a photo to your post Girlfr10[/img]

Perhaps some of you remember me looking like this... this is me in Baku in 2000. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adding a photo to your post Empty Re: Adding a photo to your post

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down